Permit to keep animals in Wallonia

From July 1, 2022


Shelters, businesses and breeders should ask anyone wishing to adopt, buy or receive a pet to provide an extract from the central file on environmental crime and animal welfare.

Therefore, you will need to present this extract to acquire (adopt, purchase or receive) a pet in Wallonia ONLY !

How to obtain this document?

  • For people domiciled in WALLONIA, the extract from the central file will be issued by the municipality.
  • For persons residing in BRUSSELS and in FLANDERS, this extract may be requested:

Service Public de Wallonie
Directrice Générale du SPW Agriculture
Ressources Naturelles et Environnement
Avenue Prince de Liège 15
5100 Jambes

To learn more about the measurement, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” via the link below: